This project seeks to outline the benefits of communication skills. It begins by pointing out the common mistakes that we make during everyday conversation.
EXPLAINING THE COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
The second part of the project moves on to define communication and provides a list of these skills.
- Types of communication skills: the following skills are explained in detail with suitable examples.
- Intra-personal communication skills.
- Interpersonal communication skills.
- Focused Interaction skills.
- Unfocused interaction skills.
Non verbal communication skills.
- List of communication skills: this topic provides an exhaustive list of skills that are required to communicate efficiently and effectively.
- Improving communication skills: effective communication is the key to success and how we can improve on our skills is outlined in great detail and with great care.
- Types of communication skills: to be able to communicate effectively and to be able to successfully out your word forward is very important so you need to know exactly how many types of communications are available and how you can further polish them up.
First up is listening skills:
Hearing: Hearing just means listening enough to take hold of what the speaker is saying. Understanding: The next part of listening happens when you take what you have heard and try to make sense of it in your own way.
Judging: After you are sure you understood what the speaker has said; think about whether it makes any sense.
Here we also outline tips for being a good listener, how to listen to your subject actively and it also talks of the barriers in effective listening. Last but not the least it stresses the importance of listening.
Second comes speaking:
It outlines three kinds of situations we face while speaking interactive, partially interactive, and non interactive. It speaks in detail about each situation giving a suitable example for easy understanding. It also underlines the importance of speaking correctly in different forums and in different ways.
Third we move on to reading:
It clearly brings home the essential part of reading not just scholarly reading but also common everyday reading of labels and directions on medicine bottles. Great emphasis has been laid to explain the importance of reading and how it can help you gain by finding you good jobs and how it can vastly improve your vocabulary and thus help you in communicating in a better way.
Last skill that is outlined is writing:
It points to the fact that writing does not have to be scholarly like writing articles or novels. But writing simple diaries or notes and blogs can also help you to improve your skills in communication. It provides in depth knowledge on how and why writing is Important citing suitable examples.
The last section of the project is the vocabulary. Here many examples are given in form of antonyms and synonyms and their daily usage is also clearly defined.
On the whole the objectives of this project are to help students in effective communication in everyday situations and also in group discussions and interviews. It also seeks to inculcate in students a habit to read which will stand them in good stead in various examinations. This project has provided enough examples to be able to be used as self instructional material for students.