This project is all about communication skills you cannot be effective in your communication till you do not realize what kind of mistakes you are making. To be able to recognize your mistakes and to be able to learn from them is already half the battle won. This project will apprise you of the different communication skills and will also guide you to use the language properly. It will provide you with enough self study materials so you will be able to speak and communicate effectively.
This topic begins by identifying the major types of communication skills and how they can be used in different scenarios.
There are four types of Communication skills,
Needs of Good Listening Skills: here a number of points are outlined that will make you a good listener. It is very important to listen carefully as only then will you be able to follow instructions at work. It also talks of barriers to effective listening and how theses can be removed to become good listeners and how to listen well.
Here various types of situations are outlined in which we may find ourselves daily. These maybe
- partially interactive, and
In speaking micro skills are very important and have been brought forward in great detail.
Various forms of presentation skills are laid out so you can be effective while giving your presentation.
Learning what to do and what not do
- Be confident
- Be communicative
WRITING AND READING SKILLS
This point seeks to bring home the point that reading and writing are two skills you need to learn to communicate effectively. While reading will broaden your horizons writing will help you develop a sense of confidence.
COMMON MISTAKES IN ENGLISH
Various types of common errors have been pointed out. These errors are very common in nature and we as students do not even realize while making these. This project not only outlines the errors it also provides the correct usage so it can act as self study material also. Few examples are stated here though there is an exhaustive list given in the project.
Some examples are as follows:
- W: The magistrate issued order for his arrest.
- C: The magistrate issued orders for his arrest.
- E: Orders in this sense should always be used in the plural.
- W: My father is leaving for Delhi by the 8-30 o’clock bus.
- C: my father is leaving for Delhi by 8-30 bus.
- E: don’t use o’clock when minutes are also mentioned.
- How long are you wearing glasses?
- Correct sentence: How long have you been wearing glasses?
- We’ve been staying with Paul and jenny until last weekend.
- Correct sentence: We were staying with Paul and jenny until last weekend.
- When have you got there?
- Correct sentence: When did you did get there?